Sunday, November 7, 2010

BDI

There it is! The excitement on the biggest Oasis forum on the web (Live4ever Oasis Forumcould tell you that - the news about new Liam Gallagher's project are up!

Check their webpage HERE. It is really well done. And what do you think of the cover of the first single, announced to be released on 22nd November (not officially though)? Any reminscences from the past?

Beady Eye is the band which retains all former Oasis mateys but one, and you know who is that exception. OK now: will Liam succeed without Noel? The art of songwriting is something not very common these days I dare to say. Noel might not be in top form he was in the 90s, but still the latest record he made with Oasis showed what his contribution meant for Oasis. For me at least. The first half of the record was mainly written by Noel. And guess what... when I listen to the record for most cases I stop listening after 7 first tracks... the last four being written by either Liam, Gem or Andy. And it's not intentional, really.

You do suspect I'm against this project, now? Couldn't be more wrong, I do believe in Beady Eye with all my heart and I'm very excited what they will come up with. What I'm awaiting is the proper rock 'n' roll tunes but not overblown with distorted guitars (Noel's fault) - and full with melodies, because based on the fact of the examples I'll provide you with, Liam, Gem and Andy are capable of writing melodies to be remembered.

Take a look now (Liam's song):



and this (Andy's song):



...yeah I do believe then.

So 22nd November, here they go again! I cannot wait :)

4 comments:

  1. You can't deny these songs are really great :) Waiting for the news, good space you made here mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    Yeah I really hope for the news on monday. Official announcement of the release? First airplay? Hope for both! What is strange though is that there was almost none of the promotional work done yet. If the single's out on 22nd of November they should start promoting it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, maybe liam is so confident about the tune that he don't careabout promo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, he said this album will be the best thing in music for the next 50 years... his big mouth only? Hope not :D

    ReplyDelete